Changing Your Display Name


This article provides information on who to contact for a change in your name (legal and preferred name).

Note: If Faculty/Staff is affiliated as a Student, user will need to contact the Registrar to have Display Name changed. 

Different Name Updates

Updating Legal Name

In the event of a legal name change or an incorrectly recorded name, you must first contact the appropriate department for your legal records and inform them of the change. The correct departments are as follows:

Once you have contacted the appropriate department or departments, if you are both staff and a student, all systems should be updated with your new name after 48 hours.

Updating Preferred Name (Students)

The University recognizes that many community members use names other than their primary/legal names to identify themselves. Please email from your UT Dallas email account to update your preferred name.

Updating Preferred Name (Staff/Faculty)

Payroll/HR systems must use your legal name, but if you want your display name changed, you will need to submit an Atlas self-service ticket. You can submit that ticket by clicking here.


Article ID: 1
Mon 11/22/21 12:35 PM
Thu 8/31/23 4:35 PM